Her positive attitude towards work made her an instant social media sensation in the Philippines. I am referring to Cheridel Alejandrino, working as an elevator girl in SM Olongapo City who went viral on YouTube, Facebook and other social media sharing sites this Friday.
Let’s watch here again the video of smiling and entertaining Charidel while performing her work as an elevator girl:
I enjoyed watching Charidel in this video and it inspired me to reflect on what important lessons that she’s trying to teach us about work.
And here’s what I came up with:
- No matter how small our work is in the scheme of things, it is still an opportunity for us to make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
- Convert your job into one you love, not by doing a different job, but by doing the one you have differently. (from the Fred Factor: How Passion in Your Work and Life Can Turn the Ordinary Into Extraordinary” by Mark Sanborn)
- Whatever work we have we must go the extra mile – do more than what is expected to us. Working is not only about earning for a living but rather it is also about giving life a beautiful meaning.
- Love for our work and for those we serve will move us beyond ourselves and beyond our shortcomings.
- We can always be extraordinary even in doing an ordinary work.
Thank you Cheridel for inspiring many of us and making us rethink the way we approach our work!